How to remove carpet stains?
Carpets are a significant home part that demands regular cleaning and maintenance. It is also the most susceptible to stains, especially if you have kids or pets.
Cleaning carpet stains may sound daunting, but the correct cleaning method and detergent help exceptionally. There are different methods to remove stains that you need to select according to stain type. You can also opt to take help from professional carpet cleaners like us. But for days when you do not have enough budget, you can try these DIY methods.
If you are also stressed about cleaning the carpet stain, this guide is for you. Here we will share step-by-step methods to remove carpet stains and make them like new.
Ways to remove carpet stains
Every stain type is different from the others and requires a cleaning technique. Carpet stains can be easily removed by steam cleaning as it has the potential to remove all kinds of colours.
However, you can remove most of the stains through the usual method featuring a cleaning solution.
Here is a quick way to remove carpet stains and enhance the glory of your house.
- Get two spray bottles that you may already have at your home.
- Fill one bottle with cold water and the other with a mixture of liquid dishwasher and warm water. Take 1⁄4 teaspoon of the dishwasher and one cup of warm water. You can increase or decrease the quantity of both liquids according to your requirements.
- Take an absorbent cloth and put it on the stain. Now spray the detergent solution on a porous material and dab it slightly. If you directly spray the solution on the carpet, it will make it wet, which needs days to dry. Rubbing the stain will also increase the area and show less effective results.
- Let the stain dissolve and blot it with a clean cloth. If your carpet still has the stain, you must keep applying the solution and blot it with a clean cloth.
- Take another clean cloth and make it wet with cold water. Dab the area with a cold, damp towel, and dab the area for rinsing off the detergent solution.
- The stain is removed, but the carpet is wet and needs your attention. Blot the area with the dry cloth that absorbs most of the water.
- Moreover, pile the paper towels in a wet spot and place any heavy objects on them. If you feel like leaving the paper towels overnight, let them absorb the moisture. The following morning, remove the paper towels and fluff the carpet fibres for air drying.
It will help you to make your carpet new and remove most stains like tea, coffee, or cold drinks. If you still feel the stain on your carpet, repeat the steps at the targeted area. You can also change the dishwasher with any carpet cleaning solution that claims the stain-removing process. It will increase the efficiency of this process, and you will get better results.
In sum, we hope this guide will help remove carpet stains and reduce your stress. It is an easy-to-follow process with excellent results. So give it a try and clean your carpet like new.